Scrambled French Toast Recipe
I make a point of saving my leftover bread just so I can make this family-favorite recipe. Kids will have fun helping you prepare it, but will enjoy eating this sticky "scrambled" version of French toast even more!
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 cups cubed day-old bread (1/2-in. cubes)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add bread cubes and toss; let stand for 5 minutes. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add bread cubes and stir until cooked and browned. Gradually add sugar; stir to coat evenly. Cook until all sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Scrambled French Toast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p93
Reviews for Scrambled French Toast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review