Scrambled Eggs with the Works Recipe
Loaded with fantastic flavors, Susan’s colorful, savory egg dish is perfect for hungry appetites. —Susan Zientara, Decatur, Illinois
- 1/4 pound bulk sage pork sausage
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 eggs
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cheese, water, salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Stir in tomato. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 259 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 447 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC