Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo Recipe
"This scrambled egg breakfast can also be served for lunch or dinner with a tossed salad or green vegetable such as steamed spinach," suggests Donna Ryan of Topsfield, Massachusetts. "You can replace the tortillas with taco chips, if you like."
- 3 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 ounces uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1. Cut tortillas into quarters; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 3-5 minutes or until crisp.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter. Crumble chorizo into the pan; add jalapeno and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is fully cooked; drain. Stir in tomatoes and Cajun seasoning.
- 3. In another skillet, heat remaining butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set. Divide scrambled eggs between two plates. Serve with chorizo mixture, tortillas and picante sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 586 calories, 39 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 493 mg cholesterol, 1,372 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC