Scrambled Egg Wraps
This tasty morning meal will fill your family up with protein and veggies. Try using flavored wraps to jazz things up. —Jane Shapton, Irvine, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil until tender. Add
- tomatoes; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, soy milk and salt. Reduce
- heat to medium; add egg mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs
- are completely set. Spoon 2/3 cup mixture down the center of each
- tortilla; roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wrap equals 258 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.