- Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and remaining
- salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and cream. Stir in the spinach, feta
- and cooled white sauce. Pour over sausage mixture. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. For topping,
- toss bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over casserole. Top
- with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 319 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 360 mg cholesterol, 763 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.