Scrambled Egg Sandwich
This savory sub is ideal for brunch, lunch or dinner. It's like eating an omelet sandwich. For variety, I use a different cheesesuch as provoloneon the egg sandwich, and French or Italian bread.Kim Dunbar, Willow Springs, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen garlic bread, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until
- crisp-tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and
- pepper. Pour into skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs
- are completely set. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Arrange cheese slices on bottom half of bread; spoon eggs over
- cheese. Replace bread top. Slice and serve immediately. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 526 calories, 35 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 434 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.