Scrambled Egg Sandwich Recipe
This savory sub is ideal for brunch, lunch or dinner. It's like eating an omelet sandwich. For variety, I use a different cheese—such as provolone—on the egg sandwich, and French or Italian bread.—Kim Dunbar, Willow Springs, Illinois
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen garlic bread, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 2. Arrange cheese slices on bottom half of bread; spoon eggs over cheese. Replace bread top. Slice and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 526 calories, 35 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 434 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Sandwich
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC