This savory sub is ideal for brunch, lunch or dinner. It's like eating an omelet sandwich. For variety, I use a different cheese—such as provolone—on the egg sandwich, and French or Italian bread.—Kim Dunbar, Willow Springs, Illinois
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen garlic bread, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Arrange cheese slices on bottom half of bread; spoon eggs over cheese. Replace bread top. Slice and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Scrambled Egg Sandwich in Country Woman July/August 1999, p37
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review