These handy grab-and-go breakfast treats are ideal for busy mornings and sure to be a favorite with kids. —Katie Williams,Black Creek, Wisconsin
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide each loaf into eight pieces. Roll into balls. Place in muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir in 1/4 cup bacon bits. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, remove from the heat.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of each roll, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Spoon 3 tablespoons cooked egg mixture into each roll. Top with remaining bacon bits and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Scrambled Egg Poppers in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p27
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Poppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review