- 2 cups egg substitute, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 portion (1 lb.) Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Set aside 2 tablespoons egg substitute. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir remaining egg substitute over medium heat until almost set. Stir in mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil. Cook and stir until completely set. Remove from the heat.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. square. Cut into four squares; transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon egg mixture over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Brush edges of dough with 1 tablespoon reserved egg substitute. Fold one corner over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Cut slits in top. Brush with remaining egg substitute; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Pockets
Sort By :
This was a hit with my family (including 1 and 3 year olds). I found it a bit bland so the next time I make it I will add more tomatoes and make a marinara dipping sauce for me but the kids liked it just as it was. It was easy and making all 3 pizza dough dishes from the August magazine (this, turkey stromboli, and California BLT pizza; made dinner fast and easy.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Breakfast >
- Italian Brunch >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >