Scrambled Egg Pockets Recipe
No texting at the table – you’ll need two hands for this filling breakfast sandwich.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups egg substitute, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 portion (1 lb.) Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Set aside 2 tablespoons egg substitute. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir remaining egg substitute over medium heat until almost set. Stir in mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil. Cook and stir until completely set. Remove from the heat.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. square. Cut into four squares; transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon egg mixture over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 3. Brush edges of dough with 1 tablespoon reserved egg substitute. Fold one corner over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Cut slits in top. Brush with remaining egg substitute; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pocket equals 351 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC