- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Cool baked egg muffins. Cover and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, place in greased muffin pan, cover loosely with foil and reheat in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Or, microwave each muffin on high 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Muffins
"These muffins are so easy and tasty! My whole family loved them. It is easy to change to your tastes too!"
"Added some mushrooms and diced potatoes, kids love them on the way out the door.Good job!!!"
"Great time saver ! Makes a great breakfast sandwich just egg in microwave and English muffin in toaster . Squash egg with fork and out the door. Try it with diced ham or chorizo yum. Tried in silicone cups and they just popped right out ."
"I made these and they taste WONDERFUL, but they completely collapsed. How do I keep this from happening?"
"Great idea with so many variations that can be done. I would say that 2 per portion is a bit more realistic."