Scrambled Egg Muffins
"After enjoying scrambled egg muffins at a local restaurant, I came up with this version that my husband likes even better," writes Cathy Larkins of Marshfield, Missouri. They're pretty, hearty and fun to serve, too.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over
- medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic
- powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
- Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake
- 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 133 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.