Scrambled Egg Muffins
After enjoying scrambled egg muffins at a local restaurant, I came up with this version that my husband likes even better. They're pretty, hearty and fun to serve, too. —Cathy Larkins, Marshfield, Missouri Want more recipes to inspire your morning? Take a peek at our Best Breakfasts and Brunches Guide
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over
- medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic
- powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
- Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake
- 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 133 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.