Scrambled Egg Cups for Two Recipe
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread a scant teaspoon of butter over one side of each slice. Press bread buttered side down into four muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs, chives, salt and pepper. In a skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into bread cups; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
2 egg cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter, egg substitute and reduced-fat cheese) equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Cups for Two
"I love making things like this, it's different. And there good. Thanks for the recipe."
"We really liked this recipe. The next time I make them I am going to add a little crumbled bacon to them."