Scrambled Egg Cups for Two
"These wonderful little 'cupcakes' go well with any type of breakfast meat," promises Dorothy Swanson of St. Louis, Missouri. "I found the recipe in my newspaper's food section years ago, and it's been a favorite ever since. It's a delightfully different way to enjoy eggs."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread a scant teaspoon of butter
- over one side of each slice. Press bread buttered side down into
- four muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until
- lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs, chives, salt and pepper. In a
- skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat. Add egg
- mixture; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into
- bread cups; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 egg cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter, egg substitute and reduced-fat cheese) equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.