"These wonderful little 'cupcakes' go well with any type of breakfast meat," promises Dorothy Swanson of St. Louis, Missouri. "I found the recipe in my newspaper's food section years ago, and it's been a favorite ever since. It's a delightfully different way to enjoy eggs."
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread a scant teaspoon of butter over one side of each slice. Press bread buttered side down into four muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs, chives, salt and pepper. In a skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into bread cups; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scrambled Egg Cups for Two in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p29
Reviews for Scrambled Egg Cups for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review