Scrambled Egg Casserole with Cheese Sauce Recipe
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1. To make cheese sauce, in a large skillet, melt butter; stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the salt, pepper and cheese; stir until cheese melts. Set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute ham and green onion in 3 tablespoons butter until onion is tender. Add eggs and cook over medium heat until eggs are set; stir in mushrooms and cheese sauce.
- 3. Spoon eggs into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; spread evenly over egg mixture. Cover; chill overnight. Uncover; bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 256 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 253 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.