Scrambled Egg Brunch Bread Recipe
This attractive is brimming with eggs, ham and cheese, making it a real meal in one. By using refrigerated crescent rolls, it's a snap to prepare. —Julie Deal, China Grove, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, julienned
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Unroll each tube of crescent dough (do not separate rectangles). Place side by side on a greased baking sheet with long sides touching; seal seams and perforations. Arrange ham lengthwise down center third of rectangle.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Separate one egg; set egg white aside. Beat in the egg yolk, salt, pepper and remaining eggs to cream cheese mixture. Stir in red pepper and onion.
- 3. In a large skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat just until set. Remove from the heat. Spoon scrambled eggs over ham. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 4. On each long side of dough, cut 1-in.-wide strips to the center to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across the filling. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- 5. Beat reserved egg white; brush over dough. Bake at 375° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 386 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 327 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC