Scrabble Brownies Recipe
One bite will send snackers scrambling for their dictionaries to describe these unbeatable blond brownies. With a nutty texture and chocolaty frosting, the treats are letter-perfect for dessert.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in nuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
- 3. Frost brownies with chocolate frosting. Cut into 1-1/2-in. squares. Place vanilla frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut an 1/8-in. hole in one corner. Pipe letters on brownies and arrange on a serving platter to form words. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Scrabble Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC