Scott's Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, seasoned salt and sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Additional barbecue sauce, optional
- 1. Combine the dry seasonings; cover and set aside. Place brisket in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Combine cola and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cover or seal and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain meat; discard marinade. Rub seasoning mix over brisket; place in a large shallow roasting pan. Combine vinegar, butter and soy sauce; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours, basting occasionally. Drain drippings. Pour barbecue sauce over meat.
- 3. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until the meat is tender. Remove meat from pan; let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional barbecue sauce if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (additional barbecue sauce) equals 361 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,165 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.