Scotch Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pound cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Knead dough until smooth, about 6-10 times. Pat dough into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Pierce with a fork.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into squares while warm. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Scotch Shortbread Cookies(7)
Sort By :
Great recipe. I always add a dash of almond extract for a bit of extra flavor. But I've been making these for years.
Easy to make and it makes a larger amount.
Will try the confectioner sugar next time in place of the regular sugar. Thanks for the info. This is a keeper.
Been making for years. In my recipe I use 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar in place of regular sugar.
These could not be any easier to make or delicious to eat. This was my first time making shortbreads and they could not have been any better. Best ones I've ever had!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Bars >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >