Scotch Shortbread Cookies
This simple three-ingredient recipe makes wonderfully rich, tender cookies. Serve them with fresh berries of the season for a nice, light dessert. You'll get miles of smiles when you provide these for afternoon tea or at a bridal shower. Marlene Hellickson
Big Bear City, California
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pound cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Knead dough until
- smooth, about 6-10 times. Pat dough into an ungreased 15x10x1-in.
- baking pan. Pierce with a fork.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into squares while
- warm. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 244 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.