Scotch Shortbread Bars Recipe
It was at my bridal shower in 1960 that I first sampled these pretty bars. Now each time I make them, I'm reminded of that happy occasion.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Spread into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Prick several times with a fork. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 115 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Scotch Shortbread Bars
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC