- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Prick several times with a fork. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Scotch Shortbread Bars in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p86
Reviews for Scotch Shortbread Bars(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review