Scooter Snacks Recipe
Feel like building a little fun into after-school routines? Let the kids help you construct these nutritious scooter snacks to rev up their homework efforts or tide them over 'til suppertime! —Didi Desjardins, Dartmouth, Massachusetts
- 8 slices zucchini (1/4 inch thick)
- 6 pretzel sticks, divided
- 2 pieces string cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 pretzel rods, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 1. For each of four axles, thread two zucchini slices through a pretzel stick, leaving a 1-in. space in the center. For each scooter, position string cheese between two axles.
- 2. Attach a pretzel rod with cream cheese to each scooter; top each with a pretzel stick for handlebars. Add tomato hubcaps and olive headlights and taillights with cream cheese. Yield: 2 scooters.
1 scooter equals 201 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Scooter Snacks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC