Scoops of Ice Cream Pie
Beverly Gottfried's kitchen in Candler, North Carolina is a popular spot when she serves up this deluxe dessert on hot summer days. Garnished with raspberries, each slice features smooth vanilla ice cream piled on a nutty chocolate crust. Eliminate last-minute fuss by preparing and freezing this pretty pie ahead of time.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, divided
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 16 wafers)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Soften 1 pint of ice cream. Combine the cookie crumbs, nuts and
- butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate.
- Spread with the softened ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Scoop remaining ice cream into small balls; pile into crust. Cover
- and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Arrange
- raspberries between scoops. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now