Scoops of Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Beverly Gottfried's kitchen in Candler, North Carolina is a popular spot when she serves up this deluxe dessert on hot summer days. Garnished with raspberries, each slice features smooth vanilla ice cream piled on a nutty chocolate crust. Eliminate last-minute fuss by preparing and freezing this pretty pie ahead of time.
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, divided
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 16 wafers)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Soften 1 pint of ice cream. Combine the cookie crumbs, nuts and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Spread with the softened ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm. Scoop remaining ice cream into small balls; pile into crust. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Arrange raspberries between scoops. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Scoops of Ice Cream Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p22
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Scoops of Ice Cream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >