Schoolhouse Chili Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, beans, onion and green pepper; cover and puree until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add seasonings and pureed vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Serve with spaghetti if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Schoolhouse Chili
Sort By :
My whole family LOVES this. I double it every time!!!!!!!
My family hated this recipe, even my husband who will eat almost anything.....yuck!
I haven't tried this yet, but I will. What a great idea. My grandson picks out things like beans, onions, peppers, but is fine eating it if he doesn't know it's there.
I haven't tried the recipe yet, but I just want to say THANKS for the tip to puree the beans with other ingredients. I'm an adult and HATE beans, but feel bad not eating them, because I know they're good for me. I'll give this a try!
I started this as the base of my recipe but ended up with something completely different. First off my blender wasn't working so I cooked the ground beef with a tbs of garlic & 2 tsp of chili powder with the onion & green pepper. Then add that to the beans, tomatoes & cayenne pepper instead of cumin. Then I thought it need some color so I added a can of whole kernel corn. Then followed the rest of directions as written. Oh also I chose to not eat this over spaghetti but more like normal chili.