When I was a school cook, the students loved my chili because they thought it didn't have beans in it. They didn't know I puree the beans, tomatoes, onions and green pepper to create a tasty, vitamin-packed chili! —Mary Selner, Green Bay, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, beans, onion and green pepper;
- cover and puree until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add seasonings and pureed vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Serve with spaghetti if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 243 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,048 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.