Schoolhouse Chili Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, beans, onion and green pepper; cover and puree until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add seasonings and pureed vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Serve with spaghetti if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Schoolhouse Chili
Sort By :
"LOVE this recipe! I like the thickness that the pureed beans add, and it's also a plus that the onion and green pepper are pureed as well, because my son will go to great lengths to eat around the onions in a dish, and here he just gobbles it all up and loves it! We like five -way chili, and the next time I make this I'll serve it over spaghetti with a sprinkling of cheese on top, plus chopped fresh onion for those of us who like it. I like having the beans in the chili....not as crazy about eating them whole. (By the way Petune....these ARE real beans!) This is a keeper...will be making it a lot in the future, probably a lot more often than the recipes I've been using!"
"My whole family LOVES this. I double it every time!!!!!!!"
"My family hated this recipe, even my husband who will eat almost anything.....yuck!"
"I haven't tried this yet, but I will. What a great idea. My grandson picks out things like beans, onions, peppers, but is fine eating it if he doesn't know it's there."
"I haven't tried the recipe yet, but I just want to say THANKS for the tip to puree the beans with other ingredients. I'm an adult and HATE beans, but feel bad not eating them, because I know they're good for me. I'll give this a try!"