You'll receive extra credit when you serve up this sweet schoolhouse. A boxed cake mix and canned frosting streamline preparation while cookies and candy provide fast finishing touches.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red gel food coloring
- 6 rectangular wafer sandwich cookies
- 1 whole graham cracker, halved
- 2 milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 yellow Chuckles candy
- Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease and
- flour the paper. Prepare cake batter; pour into prepared pan. bake
- according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack. Invert cooled
- cake onto a large platter or covered board. Carefully remove waxed
- Cut two triangles off of cake to form roofline. For bell tower, cut a
- square out of one triangle and place above peak of roof. Place
- remaining triangle above square. (Discarding remaining cut cake
- pieces or save for another use.)
- Tint frosting red; frost entire cake. Place wafer cookies along top
- edge of schoolhouse roof and bell tower roof. For door, place one
- graham cracker square at bottom of schoolhouse. For the door knobs,
- attach M&M's on door with frosting. Cut the remaining cracker square
- in half; place on cake for windows. Flatten Chuckles candy to
- 1/4-in. thickness; cut out bell shape and place in bell tower.