- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red gel food coloring
- 6 rectangular wafer sandwich cookies
- 1 whole graham cracker, halved
- 2 milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 yellow Chuckles candy
- Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. Prepare cake batter; pour into prepared pan. bake according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack. Invert cooled cake onto a large platter or covered board. Carefully remove waxed paper.
- Cut two triangles off of cake to form roofline. For bell tower, cut a square out of one triangle and place above peak of roof. Place remaining triangle above square. (Discarding remaining cut cake pieces or save for another use.)
- Tint frosting red; frost entire cake. Place wafer cookies along top edge of schoolhouse roof and bell tower roof. For door, place one graham cracker square at bottom of schoolhouse. For the door knobs, attach M&M's on door with frosting. Cut the remaining cracker square in half; place on cake for windows. Flatten Chuckles candy to 1/4-in. thickness; cut out bell shape and place in bell tower. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Schoolhouse Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p62
Reviews for Schoolhouse Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review