Schoolbook Snacks Recipe
The kids at our local elementary school enjoyed the sweet sandwich cookies at our fall open house. Since they're so simple to whip up, they would also be a fun last-minute addition to back-to-school party, youth get-together or graduation celebration.—Diane Hunt, Camden, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red, yellow, green and blue food coloring
- 8 whole graham crackers, halved
- Shoestring black licorice
- 1 tube (4-1/4 ounces) black decorating icing
- 1. Place 1/4 cup of frosting in each of four bowls; tint one red, one yellow, one green and one blue. Cover and set aside.
- 2. With remaining frosting, frost half of the graham crackers; top with remaining crackers. Frost the top of two sandwiches with one color of frosting. Repeat with remaining colors.
- 3. Cut licorice into eight 2-1/2-in. strips. Place along one edge of each cracker. Insert writing tip into decorating icing tube; pipe a title on the front of each book. Place on wire racks to dry. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 360 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC