Schoolbook Snacks Recipe
The kids at our local elementary school enjoyed the sweet sandwich cookies at our fall open house. Since they're so simple to whip up, they would also be a fun last-minute addition to back-to-school party, youth get-together or graduation celebration.—Diane Hunt, Camden, Indiana
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red, yellow, green and blue food coloring
- 8 whole graham crackers, halved
- Shoestring black licorice
- 1 tube (4-1/4 ounces) black decorating icing
- Place 1/4 cup of frosting in each of four bowls; tint one red, one yellow, one green and one blue. Cover and set aside.
- With remaining frosting, frost half of the graham crackers; top with remaining crackers. Frost the top of two sandwiches with one color of frosting. Repeat with remaining colors.
- Cut licorice into eight 2-1/2-in. strips. Place along one edge of each cracker. Insert writing tip into decorating icing tube; pipe a title on the front of each book. Place on wire racks to dry. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Schoolbook Snacks in Quick Cooking September/October 2001
Reviews for Schoolbook Snacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review