School Day Biscuits
A sweet buttery coating disguises convenient refrigerator biscuits in this recipe form Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. "With a houseful of children and now grandchildren, these cinnamony treats have become a classic for breakfast or a snack," she relates.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Separate biscuits;
- dip the top of each in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place sugared
- side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.