Scented Rice in Baked Pumpkin Recipe
- 1 small pie pumpkin (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Wash pumpkin; cut into six wedges. Remove loose fibers and seeds from the inside and discard or save seeds for toasting. Brush wedges with oil. Place onto an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the pecans, apricots, raisins, salt, curry, cinnamon and cardamom if desired.
- 3. Set four pumpkin wedges aside for another use. Sprinkle cumin onto remaining wedges; top with rice mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 389 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Scented Rice in Baked Pumpkin
"The flavor of pumpkin is not there because the rice and the pumpkin is cooked separate."