- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 20 blue milk chocolate M&M's
- 20 brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Red decorating gel
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip peanut butter balls into coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Place M&M's, plain side up, on top. Let stand until set. Use red gel to create "bloodshot" eyes. Yield: 40 pieces.
Reviews for Scary Eyeballs
"Instead of candy coating, I used vanilla ready to use frosting and it worked just perfect, that was what I had in hand and it was easier, faster and cleaner to use"
"I make these every year for our church bake sale, and they ALWAYS sell out! So easy and tasty."
"These are my favorite candy to make. I used Reese's Pieces instead of the M&M. I think that it adds to the peanut butter taste."
"I made these for my daughter's kindergarten Halloween party. The teachers went gaga over them as well as the kids. I plan to make these again. Love them!!"