Kids will squeal with delight at the sight of these eyeball treats from Shannon Blatchley of Ludlow, Massachusetts. They'll love the peanut butter flavor, too!
40 ServingsPrep: 50 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 20 blue milk chocolate M&M's
- 20 brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Red decorating gel
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and
- fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir
- until smooth. Dip peanut butter balls into coating; allow excess to
- drip off. Place on waxed paper. Place M&M's, plain side up, on top.
- Let stand until set. Use red gel to create "bloodshot" eyes. Yield:
- 40 pieces.