Kids will squeal with delight at the sight of these eyeball treats from Shannon Blatchley of Ludlow, Massachusetts. They'll love the peanut butter flavor, too!
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 20 blue milk chocolate M&M's
- 20 brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Red decorating gel
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip peanut butter balls into coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Place M&M's, plain side up, on top. Let stand until set. Use red gel to create "bloodshot" eyes. Yield: 40 pieces.
Originally published as Scary Eyeballs in Taste of Home
Reviews for Scary Eyeballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review