Get your kids in on the fun by letting them add the faces to these feline cupcakes. Adults can pipe on the frosting, while the kids decorate.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 21 Recipes for Halloween Cupcakes
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 48 nacho tortilla chips, broken
- Assorted candies: green M&M's, miniature semisweet chocolate chips, black licorice twists and shoestring licorice
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely. Tint vanilla frosting orange. Using a star tip, pipe orange frosting onto cupcakes.
- For whiskers, in a small bowl, combine the chow mein noodles, sugar and cocoa; set aside.
- For cats' ears, insert nacho chips with pointed tips up. Use M&M's and miniature chocolate chips for eyes, pieces of licorice twists for noses and shoestring licorice for mouths. Arrange reserved chow mein noodles on cupcakes for whiskers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Scaredy-Cat Cupcakes in Taste of Home Halloween Party Food 2007, p31
Reviews for Scaredy-Cat Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review