- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 48 nacho tortilla chips, broken
- Assorted candies: green M&M's, miniature semisweet chocolate chips, black licorice twists and shoestring licorice
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely. Tint vanilla frosting orange. Using a star tip, pipe orange frosting onto cupcakes.
- For whiskers, in a small bowl, combine the chow mein noodles, sugar and cocoa; set aside.
- For cats' ears, insert nacho chips with pointed tips up. Use M&M's and miniature chocolate chips for eyes, pieces of licorice twists for noses and shoestring licorice for mouths. Arrange reserved chow mein noodles on cupcakes for whiskers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Scaredy-Cat Cupcakes in Taste of Home Halloween Party Food 2007, p31
Reviews for Scaredy-Cat Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review