Our Test Kitchen home economists guarantee kids of all ages will delight in these funny-faced cupcakes. You can even enlist your little ones to help decorate them, using the candies we suggest or other candies to suit your taste.
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Gel food coloring, optional
- Assorted candies of your choice (Chiclets, black licorice nips, red shoestring licorice, Gummi Worms, M&M's, Life Savers, gumballs, strawberry sour belts, Tart 'n' Tangy's, Tic Tacs)
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- Tint some of the frosting if desired. Frost cupcakes. Decorate with
- assorted candy to create monster faces. Yield: 2 dozen.