- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Gel food coloring, optional
- Assorted candies of your choice (Chiclets, black licorice nips, red shoestring licorice, Gummi Worms, M&M's, Life Savers, gumballs, strawberry sour belts, Tart 'n' Tangy's, Tic Tacs)
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Tint some of the frosting if desired. Frost cupcakes. Decorate with assorted candy to create monster faces. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Scaredy Cakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p238
Reviews for Scaredy Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review