- Scarecrow: Refer to the photo for the size of vegetable pieces and
- the position of pieces on pizza.
- From a small piece of red pepper, cut a narrow smile for mouth and a
- triangle for nose. Chop remaining red pepper and set aside.
- Cut one ring from green pepper for the scarecrow's head. Chop
- remaining green pepper and set aside.
- Position green pepper ring on pizza for the scarecrow's head. Fill
- with shredded Swiss cheese. Place two carrot pieces on face for
- eyes. Add red pepper nose and mouth on face.
- Use green beans to create the outline of a shirt and bib overalls
- below head where shown in the photo.
- Combine chopped red pepper and remaining chopped carrot. Sprinkle on
- pizza to fill in the shirt. Use chopped green pepper to fill in bib
- Place cereal on the elbows, knees and bib of overalls for patches.
- Add a mushroom half at the bottom of each pants leg for shoes.
- Arrange cauliflower around scarecrow for sky. Arrange broccoli at the
- bottom for grass.
- Place one squash half above head for hat. Cut the remaining portion
- of squash in half again. Place green onion strips and one squash
- quarter on each side of scarecrow for corn and husks.
- For straw, place chow mein noodles below hat, on each side of neck,
- at the end of each arm and above shoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Finished size: Vegetable pizza measures about 14 inches across.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.