- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato juice, tomatoes, beans, soup, water, chili powder, brown sugar, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Discard bay leaves before serving. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Scarecrow Chili
Sort By :
I love the recipe! I have been making it for years and my family loves it.
This was so good! I added garlic, green chiles, Worcestershire sauce,and I used V-8 juice instead of tomato juice. I garnished it with shredded sharp cheddar cheese,green onions and sour cream. I made Bisquick garlic-cheddar biscuits to go with it. Comfort food mmmmm!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >