Scarborough Fair Stuffing Recipe
- 10 cups torn assorted breads, such as French, whole wheat, rye, pumpernickel, and plain bagels
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the breads, herbs, salt and pepper. Combine the eggs, broth and butter; add to bread mixture and stir until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 229 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Scarborough Fair Stuffing
"This has become a traditional family favorite for Thanksgiving. It's the number one requested dish that MUST be on our table, or else! I stock up on a variety of discount bread a few weeks before Thanksgiving. Adding cornbread is a fun touch, and I also love pumpernickel, bagels, rye, and challah breads."
"This was fantastic! Don't go easy on the herbs."
"This is delicious! My family made promise to make this a tradition for every holiday!"