Scarborough Fair Stuffing Recipe
This is a delicious recipe that I start saving leftover bread for in the fall. It is so easy especially if you pre-make by mixing the bread and herbs together and keeping it on hand.—April Greenwood, Lakewood, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 10 cups torn assorted breads, such as French, whole wheat, rye, pumpernickel, and plain bagels
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the breads, herbs, salt and pepper. Combine the eggs, broth and butter; add to bread mixture and stir until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 229 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC