This is a delicious recipe that I start saving leftover bread for in the fall. It is so easy especially if you pre-make by mixing the bread and herbs together and keeping it on hand.—April Greenwood, Lakewood, Colorado
- 10 cups torn assorted breads, such as French, whole wheat, rye, pumpernickel, and plain bagels
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the breads, herbs, salt and pepper. Combine the eggs, broth and butter; add to bread mixture and stir until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Scarborough Fair Stuffing in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p43
Reviews for Scarborough Fair Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review