Scandinavian Pecan Cookies Recipe
We enjoyed these rich, buttery cookies at a bed-and-breakfast in Galena, Illinois, and the hostess was kind enough to share her simple recipe. The pretty nut-topped treats are so special you could give a home-baked batch as a gift. —Laurie Knoke DeKalb, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour until blended.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, beat egg white. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in pecans. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to
- 3. cool on wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 121 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Scandinavian Pecan Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC