Scandinavian Drops Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup jam or jelly of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls. Beat egg whites until foamy.
- 2. Dip each ball halfway into egg whites, then into walnuts. Place nut side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Fill with jam; cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 133 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Scandinavian Drops
"Wonderful recipe! They were easy to make and my family loved them."