Scandinavian Drops Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup jam or jelly of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls. Beat egg whites until foamy.
- 2. Dip each ball halfway into egg whites, then into walnuts. Place nut side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Fill with jam; cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 133 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Scandinavian Drops
"Wonderful recipe! They were easy to make and my family loved them."