- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup jam or jelly of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls. Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Dip each ball halfway into egg whites, then into walnuts. Place nut side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Fill with jam; cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Scandinavian Drops in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p63
Reviews for Scandinavian Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2011
"Wonderful recipe! They were easy to make and my family loved them."