Scandinavian Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in the butter until crumbly. Add yeast mixture, milk and egg yolks; stir to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Divide dough in half; roll each half into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half over each piece. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting at the long end. Cut each roll into 12 slices. Place in greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. For glaze, cream sugar and butter in a bowl. Add vanilla and milk; beat until smooth. Remove rolls to a wire rack; spread with glaze. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 467 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Scandinavian Cinnamon Rolls
"I followed the recipe as written but the taste of the cinnamon roll was bland. I would suggest "loading the inside with cinnamon sugar"."
"I really enjoyed this recipe. I make "regular" cinnamon rolls, but tried these because of the no kneading. I can put these together in the motorhome too.I only made 12 big rolls. Six one day, six the next. The rising time was about 3 hrs.I will use more cinnamon and sugar, maybe brown sugar next time. Thanks!"