- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. Roll or pat each portion into a 12x3-in. rectangle. Place 5 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with milk; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until firm and edges are light brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes; cut diagonally into 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioner's sugar, extract and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Scandinavian Almond Bars
Sort By :
"My absolute favorite cookie. I hate rolling it out, but you won't be sorry!"
"Very easy and yummy,,,they look so pretty"
"I have made this for years and it is one of our family's favorite Christmas cookies that MUST be make! Yummy!"
"Huge hit at church! Everyone loved them!"
"This is our favorite cookie at Christmas. My family doesn't care if I make anything else as long as there is a steady supply of this recipe. So easy but elegant! YUMMY!"